De-Code Automotive Jargon with Help from O’Brien Mitsubishi of Normal
When it comes to world-class customer service and an astounding selection of used, certified pre-owned and new Mitsubishi cars, O’Brien Mitsubishi of Normal has everything you are looking for. At our state-of-the-art Mitsubishi dealership in Normal, IL, we have a friendly staff ready to help you with all your automotive needs. That includes helping you feel more comfortable with terminology — from mechanical aspects to financing.
Finance and Technical Terms
- Depreciation – This is a term that you will hear when financing a vehicle, which explains the amount of money the vehicle loses in overall value over time. For example, people often talk about how much a brand-new vehicle will depreciate from the minute that it is driven off of the lot at the dealership.
- Acquisition Fee – You may hear this referred to as the bank fee or assignment fee. The acquisition fee refers to the funds that a leasing company charges to cover the administration costs that have built up within the initial stages of the auto lease. These fees might include data entry, obtaining the credit report, or checking all of the details of the financial agreement for accuracy.
- Torque – You will often times see this written out at “lb.-ft.” within the description of the vehicle. The torque measures the amount of force that comes from the engine to power the vehicle’s crankshaft.
- Drivetrain – Common drivetrains are front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive systems. The drivetrain works to help a vehicle move by sending power to the wheels.
- Climate Control – When it comes to interior comfort, climate control is the terminology used for the regulation of the heating and cooling system. Depending on the options with your vehicle, there could be manual or automatic climate control for getting the right temperature in the cabin.
There is nothing quite like driving away from a dealership in a vehicle that you love. When you visit us at O’Brien Mitsubishi of Normal, we will show you the Mitsubishi difference when it comes to styling, performance, and great warranties for added peace of mind. Whether you are looking for a new Mitsubishi Outlander to lease or you would like to purchase a Mitsubishi Mirage, we have the knowledgeable Mitsubishi finance team you need to help you seal the deal.
You will find our Mitsubishi dealership located at 1601 Fort Jesse Road in beautiful Normal, IL. If you would like to learn more about our current inventory or talk with someone about taking a test drive, please call our sales department today at (855) 240-8830.