Finance Terms Explained
O’Brien Mitsubishi of Normal has a full inventory of new and used Mitsubishi vehicles for sale now. When you’re researching your next vehicle and see a lot of finance terms you don’t understand, the car-buying process can become overwhelming and stressful. Whether you’re looking to lease a new Mitsubishi car or apply for a car loan, our finance experts at our Normal Mitsubishi dealership can walk you through the process. Let’s take a look at some common finance terms.
What Do These Finance Terms Mean?
- APR: APR is the annual percentage rate on your car loan, also known as the interest rate or finance rate.
- Credit score: Your credit score is a number that represents your credit behavior and history.
- Down payment: This is the amount you pay upfront when purchasing a car. It’s a good idea to put down as much as possible, because a down payment decreases the overall loan amount and your monthly payment.
- Financing: When you finance a car with our Mitsubishi dealers in Normal, you’re applying for a car loan that you pay off over a set term. You own the vehicle once the loan is paid off.
- Lease: Leasing a car means that you agree to pay a monthly payment for a set period of time, and you usually return the car at the end of the lease. Leasing is like renting a vehicle from our dealership, with its own special rules and restrictions.
- Term: The term is the period of your loan or lease.
- Trade-in: This term refers to your current vehicle that you’d like to trade in when buying a new car.
Why Visit Our Finance Center?
No matter what kind of credit history you have, our team at O’Brien Mitsubishi of Normal will work with you. We’ll explain any other finance terms you may not understand, and can walk you through both leasing and financing, so you can decide which is best for you.
When you’re ready to start test driving, visit our Illinois Mitsubishi dealers today to learn about our wide selection of new and used Mitsubishi cars, like the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander and the 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.